Over time we have seen so many traditional dresses, that some bridesmaids have started to take a stand against the traditional bridesmaids dresses; and started creating their own bridesmaid dresses. Slowly, this trend has grown, and now we witness so many weddings in which bridesmaids gowns are a do-it-yourself dress.
There are many advantages of going with DIY maids dresses, as they open a whole new world of choices for your bridesmaids. Here are a few reasons why you should go for DIY bridesmaid dresses:
- Your bridesmaids will finally have a choice to individualize their dresses according to their personality and fashion sense. Which they are unable to do wearing traditional uniform bridesmaid dresses.
- This is a great way to build on the bridesmaids unique sense of style, and if you are really tired of the same old look, this will give you an opportunity to see something fresh for a change.
- You will be so much money and time by going for a DIY, as you will not be required to go for dress shopping, fitting sessions, and will not have to worry about the seamstress getting your size wrong. In addition, you will not be paying for personal alterations, and design changing costs.
- You will be able to fit in perfectly with the wedding theme, as you will finally have full control over the bridesmaid dresses. In normal scenarios, it is impossible to find the perfect bridesmaid dresses that fit perfectly with the theme, by creating one your bridesmaid dresses will fit in like a piece of puzzle.
Creating your own bridesmaid dresses is not an easy task, but it will be all worth it in the end. When planning for DIY bridesmaid dresses, keep in mind:
- The first thing you will be required to do is set a budget for all the dresses, and list down all the things you will need to buy.
- Keeping your wedding theme in mind, pick a colour; if you are really going for an all unique bridesmaid dresses you can even pick 2 to 3 different colour. All you have to do is make sure these colours compliment each other and fit in with the theme of the wedding.
- It is time to get creative, and design the dress. You can design it based on your favourite style, and you can even combine a few different designs to create something unique.
- Now, once you are set on the style you are requires to choose a neckline, how long the dress is going to be, and the embellishments.
- Look for a vendor that will be able to create your custom dresses, to make sure you do not go wrong in any aspect.
- You need to take sizes of all the bridesmaids, to ensure that the custom dresses fit them perfectly. It is advised to measure their bust, waist, hips, and hollow to the floor. Write down all the details on their card, and set them aside according to their preference.